Friday, September 2, 2011

365

Earlier this week, Brian encouraged me to start a 365 project. For those living under a rock (like myself), a 365 project is a photo a day for...you guessed it...365 days. I'm going to use this next year to really push myself creatively and learn more about my camera. It's convenient that yesterday started a new month. [It makes my OCD-heart happy to begin this project at the beginning of a month.]

My dad is the head football [and basketball] coach at a local junior-high school. He's going on 34 years of coaching at the school and he truly loves every minute of it. It makes me so happy seeing him in his element and I couldn't be more proud. Home games are played at the high-school stadium only a couple of miles from our house so I stopped by his game on Thursday night. Here he is talking to his 8th grade team before their game begins. To me this is one of those iconic coaching moments. When I think of him as a coach, this image comes to mind - standing tall above his team as a leader, yet in the middle of them all, relating to them because he's been in their shoes before. I couldn't think of a better image to begin this project than of my dad, my hero.

Taken with Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment