Friday, September 9, 2011

NYC

New York City is very dear to my heart. After Brian proposed on December 1, 2007, he immediately surprised me with a trip to NYC. The only catch? We were only going to be there for 12 hours so we could only pack what we could carry. And the reason for going? So I could ice skate in Central Park. As a little girl, I loved ice skating and I've always had this dream to ice skate in CP.
December 2, 2007

This was the first time either one of us had been to New York. That Christmas, Brian made me a promise that we would return to NYC before 2010 ended to spend more time discovering one of our favorite cities. If you know me and my love of traveling, well then you know I absolutely held him to that promise.

In 2010 we made plans for several trips, later coining it "The World Tour." NYC was the last stop of our world tour in December 2010. We agreed the trip would be our Christmas gift to one another.
December 7, 2010

Last October I had talked to our dear friend, Graham Yelton, about photographing our family. She kindly accepted and suggested a weekend in December, not knowing we would be in New York. I told her about our trip and asked if we could reschedule. Instead, she offered to come to NYC and photograph us running around the city. She'd developed this incredible story-line; we would literally be on the run in the city, hiding out. It was perfect. And so were her images.
Some of the images are featured in the current online issue of Modern Ink Mag. (Graham's beautiful home is featured as well.) Lyrics from Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues tie the images together perfectly. Check it out.
http://moderninkmag.com/issues/issue-2-fall-2011/

I would like to extend a huge "thank you" to Graham and Modern Ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment